Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Firstborn!!

We have "officially" become the parents of a teenager!!  WooHoo!!
Today - 13 years old
Where has the time gone?!  I can't believe it has been 13 years today when Firstborn came into our life.  He has officially outgrown me now, he's about an inch taller than me.  He has hit quite the growth spurt...we measured at Christmas and he was about an inch shorter.  Being 5'4" and giving birth to mostly boys, I realized that one day I would probably end up being the shortest one in my family.  I'm o.k. with that.  Firstborn and Soccer Boy got to spend the night last weekend at my folk's house and help Grandpa with some outside work.  The rest of the family showed up on Sunday for lunch and ice cream cake (per Firstborn's request).

The gang waiting to be seated

Firstborn has now graduated to the adult menu!
Tonight our family celebrated with cupcakes and dinner out at Smokey Bones.  Then we had a harrowing ride home due to the tornadic weather outside!  Doug and I were amazed at how slow everyone was driving and it felt like it took forever to make it to our driveway.
Cub Scout Pinewood Derby
Homeschool group carnival

On 11th birthday


Winning reading contest at library
For his birthday he received a super teen study bible engraved with his name.  It's all brown leather with camouflage sides, a "cool" teenager gift (I think)!  I haven't been a teenager for 20 years so I'm not really sure.  A long overdue gift, but one I think he'll appreciate more now that he is older.  We were considering getting him one for his baptism, but honestly I think he was too young to use it.  Now he just needs to pick out a bible cover and he'll be set.

A couple months back I was reading birth stories on other blogs and realized I haven't done any birth stories posts.  I figured it would be nice to do them in order but I haven't gotten Firstborn's done yet.  Again, going to need to scan some pics into the computer since I didn't get a digital camera until the Christmas before Soccer Boy turned two.

Happy Birthday to the one who introduced Doug and I to the wonderful world of parenting!!  (And our parents to the wonderful world of grandparenting, since he was the first on both sides)!!  We are so thankful that God chose us to be your parents.  We are blessed indeed.

22 months old

3 months??  (Didn't date picture)

In Florida - 16 months

Florida - 16 months
Mom 4 mo preggo w/ Soccer Boy

One year old at the zoo


Halloween 2001 - 18 months
Mom 6 months preggo with Soccer Boy

10 years old
6 years old



1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your son and congratulations to mom and dad on this new stage in life! It's a wonderful, wonderful time when your kids start to blossom into adulthood. May God continue to bless you all as you grow together!

    ReplyDelete