Thursday, January 3, 2013

7 Quick Takes



Thanks to Hallie at Moxie Wife for hosting 7 Quick Takes while Jen is recovering (see take #7)

1.  Welcome to the New Year...which also means getting back into the swing of things at our house.  Even though we are still in the Christmas season I went ahead and kick started our homeschool schedule (because I am just that mean, according to my kids).  They obviously pointed out that all of their cousins and friends are still not back at school...to which I obviously did not care.  Don't worry, my kids will get to take some days off during the school year to make up for it.


2.  The hardest thing about getting back on schedule was getting everyone up EARLY again.  I did take the opportunity to point out to the boys that they were getting up around the time the school bus drove by, so if they weren't being homeschooled they'd be getting up much, much earlier.  To which they rolled their eyes at me and pulled the covers over their heads.  I will admit that watching the school bus drive by our house still gives me so much satisfaction.  I remember my first year of homeschooling all the kids.  I was sitting in my robe and drinking my coffee when I heard the bus drive by and I remembered how hectic our mornings had been...ah, it's the good life.
St. Rose of Lima, pray
for our family

3.  I tried out the patron saint name generator and I got St. Rose of Lima.  She's the patron saint of people misunderstood for their piety and the resolutions of family quarrels, among other things.  Not sure about the "misunderstood for piety" part, but the resolution of family quarrels sounds good.  I'm looking forward to learning more about her this coming year.

4.  The hubby and I rented a movie the other night to watch after the kiddos were in bed.  It was one of those action ones with big name actors in it that looked good in the previews, and it was rated R (hence, watching it after kids were in bed).  In the interest of full disclosure, I was the one who actually picked it out.  I guess I haven't been watching very many rated R movies lately because the thing freaked me out with all the torture and violence.  Seriously, had trouble going to sleep that night.  Maybe I've become a real wuss in my old age but I don't recall rated R movies being that violent in the past (or maybe I was just watching it too late at night).  I'd better stick with PG-13 from now on because I still can't get some of the images out of my head.  Uhgg...

5.  I'm still enjoying playing Christmas songs around the house, only now I have to use my CD player because the radio is no longer playing them.  My favorite this year is "Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant.  As a mom, it just speaks to me.  Only a few more days until Epiphany and then it will be time to pack up the tree until next year.  I'm loving every minute of it!

6.  Toddler Boy has been last man standing and fighting me on getting to bed at a decent hour.  He's been cutting out his nap times altogether too.  I have never had a 22 month old cut out naps and not go to bed until 11:00 p.m.  He doesn't sleep in super late either.  I continue to put him down for naps and bedtime and he continues to refuse to go to sleep.  Sigh.

7.  Praying for Jen over at Conversion Diary who is in the hospital right now.  Hope you'll be back home soon!

That's all for me, head over to Hallie at Moxie Wife this week for more 7 Quick Takes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment