Also linking up with Kelly for a 7 Quick Takes post. Thanks to you guys for hosting!!
1. I had a whole bunch of random stuff that has been going on around here so I thought I'd do a Quick Takes post and combine it with a What I Wore Sunday link-up. So here's the Sunday pictures...
|From the porch...|
Courtesy of my in-laws' back porch swing. I had on the same black skirt I wore in my last WIWS post, the shirt is a new one I scored on sale from Kohl's. It's summertime in the Midwest (and I knew I was going to be visiting the country) so I braided my hair and had it twisted up. Doug was giving me grief that I was wearing my "Catholic bling" (miraculous medal) with the silver necklace he gave me last year. Medal is new, I picked it up when I visited the adoration chapel to do a holy hour on Friday.
2. I cantored my last time at 8:00am service this week. We will move to our new Mass schedule next week, the new early Mass time is 7:30am (which I happen to be scheduled for next week). Hopefully I won't wait until the last minute to practice like I did this week...
|Saturday around 11:00pm|
3. More horse pictures...
|Princess riding bareback|
|They get REALLY close!|
|Firstborn & Savanna|
|Loving Princess' borrowed blue boots|
|He's not particularly fond of horses|
so points for riding
|Dad & Toddler Boy|
We spent Sunday at Doug's folk's house and Princess was going into horse withdrawal so Grandma agreed to take her out to the pasture. No fear with her, she absolutely adores the horses. The older two boys commented that "the horses seem smaller since last winter". No, the horses aren't smaller, you've grown bigger!
4. We attended our Protestant church Saturday night and had a potluck afterwards to welcome our new pastor and his family. Complete with a bounce house, it's always nice to have something new to bribe the kids with to get them to be good through service. Added bonus, they were so worn out that bedtime was easy that night. The adult conversation was great too, it's good to be able to sit and talk with old friends while your kids run around with other kids and burn off energy. Usually it's so busy after church that it's hard to say more than hi and bye (that's if you even happen to attend the same service, we have four to choose from). My Catholic parish is also getting a new priest this coming month. What are the odds that both churches I attend are getting new pastors within the same month??
5. What is better to do on a rainy Friday morning? Play monopoly of course...
The little kids talked me into a game, which took quite awhile when allowing the youngest to count and move. BUT, great for math skills, the teacher mom in me is excited! I was the banker to help keep things moving along, Princess quit and gave her estate to Soccer Boy, I merged my estate with Toddler Boy but in the end Game Boy came out on top.
6. Referencing Miraculous Medal from take #1, I was glad I was wearing it this Sunday while letting Firstborn drive down to his grandparents house. It's took us about an hour and he had to go through a construction zone AND pass a tractor combine on the way and we all survived the ordeal. He's not a terrible driver by any stretch, but Doug and my nerves are about shot. And to think we have to do this four more times. We've logged in about 8 hours with Firstborn, only 42 more to go! I think I need to stock some heavier liquor in la casa, drink recipes welcome...
7. My girlfriend gave birth to her twins last month!! They are so sweet! I've been spending some time at her house helping out and holding babies...
|Princess holding baby girl|
|Me with baby boy|
My friend is awesome and taking things in stride. She also has three other children, the oldest being 8 years old. So if you could say a quick prayer for her and her husband and family I'm sure they'd appreciate it.
That's it for me, but head over to visit Kelly @ This Ain't the Lyceum for more 7 Quick Takes and check out all the other beautiful ladies at Fine Linen and Purple for more WIWS posts.