Thanks to Kelly for hosting!!
So we just returned from vacation in New Smyrna Beach, Florida and I wanted to photo dump...
|Sunrise at the beach|
|Balcony on beach|
|Morning cup of coffee...awesome!|
2. The drive down was not too bad. We stayed in a hotel outside Atlanta on the way down and in Chattanooga, TN on the way home. Both places had heated indoor pools and enough beds to sleep all seven in our family. I used http://www.sixsuitcasetravel.com/ to help us find some places big enough for our group. We also had lots of snack food, our smartphones, the Kindle Fire HD, two ipods, and a DVD player with double screens and headphones.
|Princess at Florida welcome center|
|Florida welcome center|
3. The older two boys spent a lot of time fishing. On Thursday they went out on a fishing charter and caught some redfish, which we fried up that night for supper. They were also brave enough to swim in the surf (the temps were in the 60s and 70s when we were down there). The kids claimed the water was warmer than the air once you got used to it.
|Heading for the surf|
|Riding some waves|
4. We took an afternoon drive north to St. Augustine to visit Castillo de San Marcos, which is the oldest American fort. We studied St. Augustine and the fort last year for history when my folks went there for a visit. When we were planning this vacation it was someplace I wanted to take the kids. The entire fort is made of coquina, which is a limestone made of sea shells. You can see all the shells embedded in the walls, it was really neat.
|The gang outside Castillo de San Marcos|
|Princess with the cannons on the top deck|
|Toddler Boy loved the cannonballs|
He wanted to take one home
5. We also spent some time walking along the beaches.
|Shot of the guys...|
|Racing the waves!|
|Toddler Boy with me|
Still light enough to be carried...
|Captain for the day|
7. The last day there my hubby and I got to go out on a date! We went out to lunch at the Sea Shack and then went for a walk down Flagler Ave. where I picked up some nice jewelry...
|My Valentine's gift from my|
|Me and my man|
We could have stayed an extra day but I'm glad we didn't because there was a weather system coming in and we don't love driving through the mountains on ice covered roads. We picked up our dogs from the kennel and made it home in time to do some grocery shopping before this:
|Back to reality...|
Hope you're all staying warm in the final days of winter! Click over to Kelly @ This Ain't the Lyceum for more Quick Takes.