Friday, March 8, 2013

7 Quick Takes - Princess Birthday Edition


1.  March is the birthday season at our house, we have 4 in our immediate family with one in the first week of April.  Princess is first and she asked to celebrate at the local indoor water park.  I included pics, but it's difficult to get a good shot because of the lighting in that place...
Princess
Doug with Toddler Boy

Yes, I tried different camera settings and it just wasn't working out.  No, I did not take any of myself in my swimsuit.  It was neat that Game Boy has finally gotten to the point where he doesn't need to wear a life vest and is also big enough to go down the big kids slide.  I am looking forward to this summer, he has been working on mastering swimming for about three seasons now and I'm pretty sure this will be the year he becomes more confident in the water.

2.  Hubby and I have been discussing upcoming Florida vacation, scheduled for this Fall.  We'll be sharing a beach house with my folks, which is always fun (and also practical, since we'll share the costs).  We haven't been down there since 2010 and are really looking forward to it.  The boys really enjoyed going to Sea World last time so we'll probably try to go there too.

3.  We had cake and ice cream for Princess on Sunday.  She chose the princess cake so she could get the crown and "magic wand".  I though I would take the opportunity to try and get a new header photo for my blog (since the current one is almost a year old).  My family's photogenic abilities never cease to amaze me.

Not bad, Doug's head is cut off














Toddler Boy throwing fit, Princess' crown fell off, Doug's
head still not in picture
Toddler Boy still not looking up, Doug's head
finally in shot















Good thing we have four more birthdays to try and get this right!

4.  Speaking of the birthday girl, she surprised me the other day by bringing my Rosary and shawl to me and asking me to teach her how to pray it.  She told me she wanted to wear the veil so "she could be like Jesus' mom"...too cute not to take a photo...

Sometimes when I take her with me to Mass I wonder if she's getting anything out of it.  Sometimes she wants to sit on my lap in the mornings while I pray a Rosary.  Occasionally it's nice to see that my kids are not just picking up all my bad habits, they're picking up some good ones too.

5.  Today is the last day of the older boys' archery class, aka "the day they get to shoot the balloons".  Always a much anticipated event at our house.  I'm not sure if they'll offer another session before the end of the spring semester but if they do I'm sure we'll be there.
Game Boy showing his skills
Firstborn & Soccer Boy in class
Firstborn with bow
What the littles are up to during the hour long class where my job is to keep them occupied while at the same time protecting them from all the fun and dangerous things that abound in an archery store...
Princess climbing around on the targets

Toddler Boy playing with
empty boxes
Occasionally Doug will take off Friday afternoons and then I get to sit and visit with other homeschool moms during the class, which is always a nice social outlet for me.

6.  Did you check out my last post about a day in the life?  I enjoyed writing it, it was neat to just see a snapshot of a typical day in our house.  I'm sure I'll appreciate reading it years from now when life will look totally different.  I have really liked reading the other "day in the life" posts, especially those of moms who have younger kids than mine.  It reminds me of my life before I had the older ones around to help.  Toddler Boy's life and everyday activities look different than Firstborn's or Soccer Boy's because he has older siblings and they didn't.  Doug and I have changed too, sometimes it can be really neat to raise a baby and toddler on this side of things.  We have so much more experience and that makes it more enjoyable and a bit less stressful because we know what to major on and what to minor on (although every child is different so that keeps things interesting)!

7.  We joined the adopt a Cardinal and my family received Cardinal Urosa from Venezuela.  So imagine my surprise when I read this NC Register post about the Catholic Church in Venezuela braces for uncertain times.  What are the odds that the Cardinal our family is praying for ends up in the news?  Now I have more stuff we can add to our prayer list for him.  Continuing to pray for our Church and the soon to be elected Pope.

Got to get my day started...check out more Quick Takes with Jen at Conversion Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment